WE ARE HIRING!
AN Education Programme Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Head of Education
LOCATION: Reef Conservation NORTH (pEREYBERE) Head Office (Hybrid)
- The Education Programme Coordinator is a dynamic position that works directly with the Head of Education to help advance Educational Programmes’ goals and projects objectives and contribute to strategic planning and implementation. The ideal candidate is highly organized, has strong partnership-building abilities, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as part of a team. They will have a willingness to learn new skills and approach tasks with enthusiasm. Background knowledge in Environmental Science, Marine Science, Social Science, or community-driven projects is helpful but not required.
- Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implement the Eco Schools programme: coordinate between heads of schools, school coordinators, lead site visits, data tracking and administration.
- Coordinate partnership meetings and outreach for Reef Conservation’s Educational and Sensitisation programme needs; secure venue, take meeting minutes and action items, follow-up with attendees and beneficiaries as needed.
- Support the development of communications and outreach material to advance project needs; co-develop Campaigns for Eco-Schools; manage Eco-Schools social media stories; manage email communications and data requests; contribute to reports, slide decks, and training materials.
- Lead field assessment events and oversee zonal data management; lead training events and train volunteers; oversee program purchasing and equipment maintenance; increase frequency of virtual support and expand the good practices to schools for award progression.
- Track work plans and expenditures to meet grant and project goals and deliverables.
- Help maintain strategic partnerships and collaborate with individuals, government officials, NGOs, communities, and other stakeholders in a respectful and curious way to advance Reef’s objectives.
This position involves working indoors and outdoors in various locations in Mauritius and Rodrigues Island, including but not limited to variable weather conditions, at remote outdoor locations, coastal and marine environments, and vessels.
The Education Programme Coordinator is expected to possess the necessary knowledge and skills to manage day-to-day activities and work effectively across multiple cultures and contexts to achieve Reef Conservation goals. The minimum required qualifications for this position include:
- Diploma / Degree in a relevant field; an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- At least two years of relevant experience coordinating projects, field events, data entry and management, working with local communities and collaborating between networks
- Previous field experience; guiding, leading, coordinating field trips; following project design and standard operating procedures would be a plus
- Experience with two or more of the following themes: Energy, Water, Waste, Biodiversity, Healthy Living, Livelihoods, Soil & Air, Cultural Heritage, Climate Change, Ocean and Coast, and Sustainability
- Excellent collaboration skills and cross-cultural sensitivity, with ability to build consensus with individuals in other countries and across organizations
- Demonstrated experience in desk-based research skills (e.g., synthesizing existing documents, preparing written reports, etc.)
- Prior experience or willingness to learn tracking budgets across multiple grants and projects
- ability to work independently without day-to-day supervision
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to efficiently manage day-to-day responsibilities over multiple and diverse projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (French, English and Creole), with the ability to effectively communicate with audiences from a variety of disciplines, cultures, and backgrounds.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including mornings, evenings, and weekends with willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Valid driver’s license
● Experience working in Educational / Project Management Institutions and with coalitions and diverse and interdisciplinary teams
● Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, data management, tracking, and analysis
● SDGs experience
This is a full-time, salaried position to be discussed upon selection.
How To Apply?
Interested candidates should submit their CV and cover letter as one document to [email protected] with “EDUCATION Program Coordinator” in the subject line. Application review will be rolling, prioritizing those received before November 21, 2022.
Please note that we only have the capacity to respond to applicants with whom we would like to interview.
Reef Conservation is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, colour, religion, gender and sexual orientation.
Newsletter 2023 - Projects, Programmes & Initiatives