JOB POSITION AVAILABLE : PEDAGOGICAL CONTENT COORDINATOR
The Pedagogical Content Coordinator creates high-quality pedagogical content that is research-based, inclusive, and engaging, for projects and programs while supporting and developing innovative and effective approaches to learning and sensitization.
The Pedagogical Content Coordinator has a clear purpose about joining in our commitment to contribute to high-quality learning experiences and behavior change.
Conceptualisation and implementation of Sensitisation Materials to support Education and Research project Training Programmes / Courses
- Propose and develop appropriate tools and training in accordance with new avenues of development at Reef Conservation
- Independently and in collaboration with the EDUCATION and/or RESEARCH teams, write, revise, and/or edit a wide variety of research-based pedagogical and training content, including but not limited to: biodiversity guides, hands-on games, boards, posters and flyers, field manuals, booklet, video scripts,
- Assess the strengths and limitations of various content formats, styles, or approaches and identify the best fit to the sensitization goals, topic, timeline, and available resources for a given project.
- Conduct research using databases, published media, and field reports; synthesize and interpret findings; and incorporate takeaways into materials appropriate for a given context and its audience targets.
- Identify opportunities for adaptation or reuse of already developed materials in new offerings or contexts.
- Estimate the time and scope of a given project to inform project management.
- Develop detailed production plans and budgets once briefed by Project Lead
- Liaise with team members to identify and plan upgrades to existing project tools and training
- Source, secure, brief and coordinate contract service providers
- Ensure that the materials production process is efficiently managed, and projects are of high standard and completed on schedule
Support Communication deliverables on projects
- Support projects, when necessary, with production and logistics for workshops and meetings
- Assist Project Coordinators to develop events for community outreach
- Creative and able to conceptualise, develop and implement training/courses, pedagogical, hands on and communication tools for different age groups and sectors
- Possess exemplary writing and academic research skills, and have a learner-centred mindset and approach to content creation,
- Excellency in written and spoken English and French; Mastery of written Creole is an asset
- Keen interest in the sustainable development goals, environment, coastal and marine ecosystems, and issues
- Experience of in project management and delivery
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent: Biology, Environment, Sustainable Development, etc will be an asset
- Graphic design and Visual Arts experience will be an asset
- Microsoft office skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar post
- Driver’s licence
- Living in the Northern region will be an advantage
Additional skills :
- Be self-directed, highly organized, and able to balance multiple simultaneous projects on varied timeframes and with different sets of stakeholders,
- Attention to detail,
- Intellectual curiosity,
- Problem-solving attitude,
- Able to work independently and within a team in a non-profit context (not a traditional, corporate work culture)
Any candidate wishing to be considered must supply a cover letter in addition to their resume.
Finalists may be asked to provide a writing sample in French and English and complete an editing exercise.
CV and Cover letter to be sent to [email protected]
Deadline for application : Friday 9 December 2022.
Newsletter 2023 - Projects, Programmes & Initiatives